Benefit Analyst Job – Fresno, CA 45023
Why You'll Love This Job
This position will perform in a team environment to work with our employer groups, brokers, vendors, carriers, and general agents on proposals and renewals for services we provide to our employer groups, including but not limited to complex medical (MERP, HRA), dental, vision, and MEC plans . This person must represent ASi in a professional, upbeat, and knowledgeable manner via written, verbal, and in-person communications. This position has time-sensitive work that is required and excellent organization and attention to detail are required.
- Attend client meetings as needed for enrollments, renewals, or proposals
- Review and consult with internal team, brokers and clients on plan options based on the needs of the client.
- Review and evaluate types of new business opportunities to determine if we can accommodate what is requested based on our ability to set up a plan that meets our requirements.
- Monitor and update or revise any proposal or renewal formats as needed to keep our department up to date and to provide supporting departments accurate information
- Plan loading as needed for new or renewal groups.
- Maintain knowledge on ASi services, fees, and requirements
- Keep current on carrier changes, regulation changes, and anything pertinent to our services
- Prepare proposal within 24 hours of information being received during our off season
- Prepare Schedule of Benefits based on the benefit design for new & renewing clients
- Prepare Summary of Benefits of Coverage based on the benefit design for new & renewing clients
- Process all renewals for the medical, dental, and vision plans 45 days prior to actual renewal date
- Calculate COBRA rates as needed
- Work with our external Sales Associates as necessary
- Support all departments by assisting as needed with services ASi provides
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Basic understanding of our MERP, HRA, Dental, Vision, MEC, CADR+ and COBRA services.
- Comfortable working and communicating with brokers, general agents, and employer group contacts
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete time-sensitive work
- Professional and upbeat attitude
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good customer service skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Good attendance
- Good work attitude, adaptability, and multi-tasking abilities
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good follow-up skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good to excellent leadership among peers
- Independent/self-motivated and ability to work in team environment
- Willingness to work outside scheduled work hours as needed, especially during our busy season
- CA Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance
- Ability to travel as needed for client or employee meetings
Back to All Jobs
Questions about careers at Navia?
Fill out the form below and we'll get back to you!